Tuesday, July 16, 2013

One of my favorite things to do and that I like most, is to take time to make something new. I love to make all kinds of art, for me, it is very relaxing, and exiting. When I came to class (ART 1040 Jewelry Culture and Creation) the first day, Professor Lund asked a question: Who of you think that this is a biting class?, I raised my hand, feeling for a moment that I was in the wrong class. I began to feel exited when I saw the syllabus, understanding that the art of jewelry is more than that. It is to understand the nature and properties of metal, know the tools, equipment, learn how to solder, polish, cast, filing, and all the process that turns a piece of metal into a piece of art. I am surprised of how we can find the beauty in every object and change it into something new. I enjoy everything in this class, but sketches and casting are the things I like most.
This is a piece of jewelry I made in this class. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment